My beautiful readers,
The city of Aleppo is in a serious humanitarian crisis. This is real. These are real lives. People are posting final words to their social media accounts. We cannot and should not have an “out of sight, out of mind” mentality. I know many, including myself, wish we could do more, but not ignoring it, is a huge step. You have the power to awaken others by bringing awareness. You never know who you might inspire in a ripple effect. Many humanitarian aid organizations are running out of basic resources. If you are looking for a way to help, or know someone else who is, consider donating or reaching out to these relief efforts. Click on their names for direct links to their pages:
- The IRC is currently assisting families who have escaped to nearby towns. They provide some money for food, blankets, and other necessities. But as more families are arriving, supplies are running short.
- Although the remaining hospitals have suffered airstrikes, there are still a number of medical aid workers who are serving their lives to help those in need. These are doctors who have little to no supplies- including gloves.
- These are all volunteer rescue workers who risk their lives and literally run into crumbling rubble to save children- while the buildings are being attacked. What they do truly goes above and beyond a life of service.
- Please consider donating to Save the Children. They are providing basic necessities and medical care to thousands of suffering children.
- The UNHCR has been providing blankets, tents, and hygiene kits to survivors.
As I said, if you’re not looking to donate, spread the word to others. Maybe they will. Inspire the change.
Love and Light,